Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Generation

I have begun to notice a disturbing trend in my generation that doesn't seem to effect the generations before and after and that is our health.  Now let me start by saying that this isn't everyone in this generation but for the overall whole.  I honestly believe that alot of us will not outlive our parents unless we do something about it now.  This generation seems to have more illness' and diseases and are dying at a younger age/rate then previous or future.

Why is this? We now have greater access to information, medical intervention both Eastern and Western and better quality food especially local.

This generation is also heavier than they should be. Here's a hint - GET OFF OUR ASSES! The computers and game systems aren't going anywhere. I think we need to plan out at least 30 min/day of recess activities. I for one am willing to kick anyones butt given the chance because I not only have the background but am tired of all the excuses.

Some of these health problems are not "treatable" but alot are. I know for a fact that I feel better just from spending a few minutes stretching everyday.

So I want you to examine your life right now and see what changes you can make and ask me any questions you may have. Maybe we can fix this together before it goes much farther the wrong way. I for one want to live to be 100 and am going to start putting all my learning past present and future to that goal.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment