Day 1
It was recently pointed out to me that I spend alot of my time with the computer or the tv and not alot of time with others.
Lets examine this...
I have always been a lonely only and before the technology was available I spent it with books. I blieve that from a young age it manifested in me as agorphobia (http://www.healthline.com/adamcontent/agoraphobia?utm_medium=ask&utm_source=smart&utm_campaign=article&utm_term=Agoraphobia&ask_return=Agoraphobia)
And now as a rational adult I now have a name to attach to it.
As I got older and the technology developed I became more isolated and chose this path.
5 years ago we were transfered here and with no support or family around me the computer became my life-line. As I reached out to others around me and met with dismal failure or worse the more and more I turned to the only thing that didn't judge, lecture, or leave me on a regular basis (don't get me wrong I love my DH and what he has chosen to do).
I think I would have spent less time with the computer had it not been for this, and then I was introduced to FB! A way to spend a day doing really nothing, yet connecting to the world around me. I know, I have power over it and can walk away but why? It's social networking and entertainment and don't have to suffer through the day-to-day interactions with others. The only downside is being unfriended and not knowing the reason why and I know Iam guilty for it as well. Or seeing someone elses post and not being able to help them. But I am fine in this world. Stop judging me.
By the time other individuals entered into my world I had already left them behind and moved on. It takes 21-days to forge a new habit and after 4 years my reality has changed.
So that is my rant. I may spend alot of time here but at least I'm not alone. I don't want to be judged or controlled by the decisions you make about when I am welcome into your world.
So thought of the day is.... Can I spend less time on the computer and more time doing other activities? Reading perhaps. My choice.
Tomorrow I would like to examine relationships to food.
Namaste on this this journey and welcome.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment